I have over 5 years of media and press background, including:
- Press releases
- Advocacy event planning
- Press kit development
- Media strategy
- Journalist networking
During my time in the Boston area, I had the opportunity to design a public advertising campaign for the city of Quincy, Massachusetts. Our team conducted surveys amongst two target audiences to create a message that would resolve the city’s underage drinking epidemic:
During my time in Boston, I was also given the opportunity to drive an important media and social advocacy campaign for a local coalition, aiming to update alcohol laws in the state of Massachusetts.
Eventually, our bill gained press coverage and a new law was passed to ban alcohol advertising on public transportation throughout the state.
Educational Handouts Developed
- Sharing a Story
- How to Get Media Coverage
- Sample Press Release Template Word Doc
- Strategic Press Communications Plan – Assignment
In order of most recent work:
- UC Davis Receives $1 Million in Grant Funding From Keck Foundation Following Virus Discovery: Millions Affected by West Nile, Zika, Hepatitis C, Dengue Viruses Could Benefit
- Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi: Choose the Light 2018 Tour
- Hundreds Will Gather in Los Angeles April 11th to Meditate and Pray for World Peace as Part of a Revolutionary Event Hosted by Ananda LA
- SAFE-MA-Media-Event-Press-Release and hosted Media Event
- US Department of Transporation *Sample* Press Release
- Focus Driven Press Release *Sample*
The SAFE-MA press release above was submitted to PRnewswire.com with over 500 search results the following day.
- Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi, Spiritual Directors of Ananda Worldwide
- Big Ideas campaign, UC Davis (no press kit link yet)
- The Blue Tarp Project
- Education for Life
- Finding Happiness Movie
“Magnificent at selecting just the right words. She has a gift.” -Virginia Becker, The Blue Tarp Project.